App developers are in for a treat as Apple launches a new program for small businesses and independent developers on the App Store.
According to the press release from Apple’s website, the program seeks to “accelerate innovation and help small businesses and independent developers propel their businesses forward with the next generation of groundbreaking apps on the App Store.”
Apple has always been at the forefront of program breakthroughs. Now the tech titan is sharing its platform to put the spotlight on rising entrepreneurs and coding stars.
If you are an app developer who is interested to join the new Apple program, you might want to amp up your productivity level. Programming is not an easy job. It requires focus and determination to get things done right the first time. Likewise, programming requires patience to ensure that the app is free of bugs that could affect the overall user experience.
As an app developer, you need to be smart in plotting your day. While there is no single solution for this, you can consider some of our productivity tips to get more work done:
- Set up your workstation -- Whether you are working from home or in the office, you need to have space where you can work without any interruptions. Distractions can affect your productivity. As a starter, maybe you can establish your work spot by buying furniture that are associated with the office setting. Go up a notch by shopping for ergonomic furniture such as the FlexiSpot E5 desk frame so you can have a sit-stand desk. Add a monitor stand and arm so you can work with your computer without straining your neck or back.
- Schedule your day -- This may sound cliche but making a schedule of activities will keep you focused on the day’s tasks. Grab your notebook and pen so you can keep tabs on your activities such as coding, client meetings, and team calls. You can also plot your day using different productivity apps.
- Get some shut-eye -- Even if you are a night owl, sleeping well is vital for overall wellbeing. Medical News Today said that “when it comes to health, sleep is as vital as regular exercise and eating a balanced diet.” Plus, a good night’s sleep ensures that your brain works optimally, meaning you have a higher level of cognition, productivity, and concentration.
- Take breaks -- Paying extraordinary attention to details is not an easy task. It can be physically and mentally tiring. Taking breaks is necessary to stay focused and up to the challenge of starting a new task. One popular method is the Pomodoro Technique , which uses a tomato-shaped timer to measure time. It goes like this: You work with 25 minutes time blocks with five minute short breaks and 10 minutes long breaks.
- Use the right programming tool to help you -- A code editor can help you to program languages that you use. Go for a code editor that offers syntax highlighters for frameworks. You can experiment to find the best code editor that works for you. Once you find it, stick to it so things can be easier for you.
With a little practice, you can establish a smoother and more productive workflow. Go ahead and explore what works and what doesn’t work for you. Keep improving your habits to improve how you work and live.